FASTWEB is the alternative provider with the vastest full-IP next generation fibre optic network in Europe. Since its foundation in 1999, FASTWEB has always invested in its fixed network infrastructure in order to enable the provision of fast, reliable and high-quality services.
Only fixed infrastructure is capable of meeting the growing broadband requirements of businesses and families. It is for this reason that FASTWEB carries on investing more than 20% of its revenues on its network each year.
Some numbers regarding the FASTWEB network:
- 34 thousand kilometres of optical fibre. The FASTWEB network is 34,000 kilometres long and is present throughout the Italian territory. By 2014, FASTWEB will have extended its fibre network by another 5000 kilometres, thus bringing ultra-broadband Internet to more Italian cities.
- 6 billion Euro investment. Since 1999, FASTWEB has invested 6 billion Euro to build its network. Another 2 billion Euro will be invested in innovation and infrastructure over the next four years.
- 2 million homes and businesses with FTTH technology. FASTWEB reaches 50% of the Italian population directly with its network, of which 10% with Fibre-to-the-Home technology allowing connection speeds of up to 100 Megabits per second. The cities reached directly with FTTH are Milan, Rome, Naples, Turin, Genoa, Bologna and Bari, that is a total of 2 million households and businesses.
- 3.5 million households and businesses with FTTC technology. By 2014, the FASTWEB fibre network will reach another 3.5 million households and businesses with fibre-to-the-street-cabinet technology in twenty Italian cities: Rome, Turin, Genoa, Venice, Florence, Palermo, Trieste, Bari, Bergamo, Bologna, Verona, Ancona, Brescia, Monza, Livorno, Reggio Emilia, Como, Varese and Pisa.
- 1200 street cabinets connected in fibre throughout Italy.
Over 1200 street cabinets will be connected to the FASTWEB fibre network in all the Regions and Provinces of Italy, thus reaching 50% of the population and offering top quality ADSL connection speeds of up to 20 Mbps to households and businesses.
La fibra di Fastweb arriva in 19 nuove città, dove oltre 250.000 famiglie e aziende avranno a disposizione connettività a banda ultralarga per navigare ad una velocità fino a 200 Megabit al secondo in download e 20 Megabit in upload.
06/20/2017 Fastweb Mobile, minuti e giga in 4G gratis tutta l’estate
06/16/2017 Fastweb, siglato l’Accordo sul Contratto Aziendale ed il rinnovo del premio di risultato per il triennio 2017-2019
Sono pienamente operativi gli accordi siglati tra Fastweb, le Segreterie Nazionali di Slc Cgil – Fistel Cisl – Uilcom Uil – Ugl Telecomunicazioni ed il Coordinamento Nazionale delle RSU. Al termine del confronto che ha visto impegnata l’azienda e le sigle sindacali sono stati sottoscritti i nuovi accordi relativi al Contratto Aziendale e al rinnovo del premio di risultato per il triennio 2017-2019.